Videogame Developer

sábado, 20 de octubre de 2012

Back to Videogames

It's been a good time playing around with REST and SOA architectures to create cool APIs with XML, WSDL and JSON as resource formats to communicate to Java/PHP APIs from Flesh and HTML5 clients, this was used to make a tool for non-experts to create web user experiences, this was part of a research project called "España Virtual".

The last year has also been really exciting from a learning point of view but even more from a responsability perspective as I had to lead the building of an e-commerce site called tecno-key.com, it's in production since 6 months ago and it seems still to be working fine, some of our clients are FNAC and El Corte Ingles, among others.

Now I feel it's time to go to the most hard/freak side of software development like making awesome videogames! I believe that's one of the most enjoyable, challenging and artistic work that a computer engineer can do.
I've started a master's degree in the UPF to create videogames so during this year my team are going to work real hard to create something awesome.

To whet your appetite I'm going to show my first videogame I did with a colleage 4 years ago called Marble Blast Ultra (engine and graphic art is fully done by  my colleague and me) and I've luckily found! and also a very tiny demo I did with Unity (I've to thank the walker boys tutorial) some months ago called Shot and Crush spatial crap edition.

Marble Blast Ultra
To Download:


Shot & Crush Spatial Crap edition


To play it:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4119039/Videogames/WalkerBoysLabs/Lab1.1/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

The real awesome stuff is coming ;)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario